(1) Students are able to master the format of letter.
(2) Students can review some words about _____ and _____.
(3) Students are able to master some frequently-used sentence patterns about patterns about letter,such as : Best wishes for you!
Hope you can answer my three questions!
(1) Students are able to write a letter about how to do a class survey
(2) Students’ ability of thinking in English will be improved.
(1) Cultivate students’ team work spirit
(2) Develop students’ awareness of getting alone with their pen friends.
二、Teaching key points
(1) All the students can master the feature of letters
(2) Students can master some useful words about communicating skills.
(3) Students are able to master some frequently-used sentence pattern in letter writing.
三、Teaching Difficult Point
(1) Develop students’ ability to ____
(2) Enable students to write a letter in proper structure
Step 1 Leading-in (2-3min)
Firstly, show students the letter.
T: what is the feature about it? And having a discussion.
Secondly, arrange a brainstorm to receive some words, phrase and sentences and write them down.
According to Brainstorm, which is conductive to create a relaxed study atmosphere, students can review some words or phrases that is related to survey. In addition, students will have a first impression with the structure of letter.
Step 2 pre-writing (8-10min)
1.After discussion, students should sum up the feature of letter, then teacher presents the structure of letter: address, body and signature.
Students will be divided into four groups. Students should work in group and exchange their ideas. They are supposed to get as many ideas as possible.
Students have to work on their own to collect the ideas which they think valuable and decide what should be written in their composition.
Step 3 While-writing(10-15min)
1. Fast writing
Writing the letter quickly for 10 to 15 minutes without worrying about grammar, words and punctuation.
2. Group discussion
Work in groups and discuss the writing of their group member, including the advantages and disadvantages of each writing.
After discussion, students should modify their own letter again based on the suggestions from precious discussion.
During the whole process, teacher should pay attention to different students and give help timely as soon as needed.
Justification: students can find their advantages and disadvantages through peer editing and self editing. Students can master knowledge in a relaxed and active environment which will improve students’ interests in English.
Step 4. Post-writing
1.Share your writing
Students share their writings and choose the good ones as the model essays.
Students reflect their progress in this writing class by asking the following questions:(1)Have you made brainstorm map before writing?
(2)Do you think it helpful?
Step 5 Homework
Homework 1 : students are encouraged to search different genres of writing.
Homework 2 : writing a letter about describing oncoming Mid-autumn Festival to your foreign pen friend.